Thursday, April 8

Being the busy person

I can't think of anytime there was someone cruising through life, doing the barest minimum to get by who ends up doing something great. Maybe there's someone in a movie, but I don't know of anyone in life who has had this happen.

Theres a saying that goes "if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it" . I believe it. At one point in my life I was skeptical of it, but I really believe it is true.
I think that success must somehow nurture motivation. I guess this is what busy people thrive on, they see something to completion and they want to do the next thing. They're always eager, maybe sometimes overeager to be multitasking.

I have all these ideas of what to do with my life. But not a single one will happen if I don't get up off my butt and do something. I may not have a job to keep me busy, but there are plenty of tasks around me that I could turn my hand to. We are people of purpose. I want  you to see your potential, to be able to grab it with both hands and let it take you on the wildest ride of your life. I don't want you to see it, and wave as it goes by. You have the strength within you to grab it. All the little things you've been doing, the experiences you've had, the emotions that have rocked you. They've all been making you stronger. Giving you the strength to grab onto your potential.

While you may be sitting at home thinking you are miles away from your potential, miles from reaching your dreams. You are actually in the perfect position. I know it sounds crazy right? Even as I write this it sounds strange. But stick with me - it will make sense.
Right now you are growing your mind with whatever it is you're doing.
A job that seems left field of your dream? Our dreams have  a funny way of requiring a skill learnt in a place we'd never have thought we would use again.
Maybe like me you are 'in between' jobs. The perfect place, slightly challenging as we go through the task of practicing, trying new things - as random as you can imagine. Our challenge is to do this with limited if existing finances.
One thing I'm learning is how to trust God, and time and time again I'm being shown how much he cares, and he will always provide.
I am fortunate enough to have the time to be artistic, to nourish my soul with good Bible teaching, to explore different avenues of where I may go next.
Now I don't think it is absolutely necessary to be outside of the workforce while I do this, but for me, that's the way its happening. For you it may mean you spend your weekends with one more hobby. Just work within your situation.
Right now you are building towards something you may not have even dreamed of yet.
The thing to remember is that you can learn from where you are. So tuck it away in your memories, you never know when you'll need it.

Where ever you are, you have the ability to find the balance. That perfect balance for you [the tipping point is unique to us all] where you are taking time to relax and at the same time be busy with many things. I have been lucky [hmm is lucky the right word?] enough to see where both ends of the scale are for me. Now I'm working on finding that centre- its not easy. But then whoever said figuring out life would be easy?

When we are busy, doing what we can where we are. That's the perfect place for life and for God to give us the open doors to more. Once we are showing that we can use what is in front of us, be faithful with what we've got, then we'll be given more to work with.

Success nurtures motivation. Its so true. How many times have you heard it said "if I can do that, I can do anything". Gosh I've been saying it so many times this year. Its amazing what can happen when we open our eyes to the new, embrace the challenges of the new.

Maybe you need to start yourself small, an easy target that you know you will reach. With that success under your belt you have the power of knowledge that you can. With that power you can race up the staircase of challenges you will face. You'll get to do the victory dance. [are you getting a mental picture of rocky going up those stairs too?]  :)

I don't know what you'll do, but my challenge right now? Is to draw. To make a number of quality artworks that are worthy to be displayed. I have 1 week from today to get this unknown quantity done. Because once I've succeeded here I will know that I am capable of creating enough to hold a stall at the upcoming market in 5weeks time. From a one off stall...... who knows where things could go.

"if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it" I don't know about you, but I want people to think of me as someone who gets things done. 




A work in progress.....

No comments:

Post a Comment